You're not limited to a specific streaming platform when selling tickets to your live stream event with iTickets. Our solution is available to all event coordinators. Select the best streaming platform for your event and then follow these simple steps to set up ticket sales.
Step 1: Create Event
Create event here.
- Select "Streaming Event" for the venue if live stream sales are not in conjunction with a location event.
- Do not post your streaming link in the event listing, these details are all visible to the public.
- If the event is already created and NOT setup to sell tickets, find it here, click Actions > Overview/Edit and start at step 2.
- If the event is already created and setup to sell tickets to a physical location contact your account representative. Do not proceed on your own, they will assist in getting the event switched over.
Click here for more tips to create an event.
Step 2: Overview
- For "Overrides > Venue" select "Hide"
- Then "Save"
- For “Online Sales” select “Sell using iTickets”
- For “Mail Delivery Ends” enter the Event Date (e.g. event is on 2020-12-20)
- Then “Save”
Step 3: Tickets
Go to Tickets > Add/Edit, and click “add a ticket”. Fill in;
- Ticket Name
- Ticket Rank (If you have more than one ticket option rank in numerical order.)
- Ticket Price
- Fees (Set the fees according to the agreement with your account representative. Setting them wrong will cause accounting conflicts later.)
- To limit the capacity, change the “unlimited” drop menu to “specific quantity,” and populate the field that appears. (Optional)
- Then “Save Tickets and Groups”
Step 4: Delivery
Go to Order Settings > Customer Order, and scroll down to the 3rd section titled “Details Page”.
- Change “Mail Delivery Title” and “Mail Delivery Description” to display the details for receiving the streaming link.
- Then “Save Details Settings”
- Do not post your streaming link here, these details are all visible before payment is received.
- Step 5 will display additional details to the registrant AFTER payment is received.
Step 5: Receipt Email
Go to Order Settings > Receipt Email
- Change “Mail delivery information” to your desired instructions. (You can add the streaming link here so they get it immediately, or just note more details when and where it will be sent from.)
- Then “Save Receipt Settings”
Step 6: Payments
Go to Fees & Payments > Payment Settings
- Select the right processor under Automatic Charges > CNP. *If you don’t see the processor you need, please contact us. Your event cannot go on sale without it.
- When finished, click “Save Automatic Charges”
If your event is free,
- find the option labelled “This is a free event.”
- Enable it and click “Save Payment”.
Step 7: Test
Go to Overview > View Event Page
- Walk through the order process and make sure everything is displaying correctly.
- Double check that the ticket price and service fees are correct.
Sharing the Streaming Link
If sending the streaming link at a later date, export the emails from the box office and use your preferred method to email it.
- For guidance exporting emails click here.
- For guidance importing emails into a 3rd party email service click here.
- If the streaming service does not offer unique or password protected links, we recommend waiting until closer to the event to send out the link.
- We also recommend sending out a reminder email 24 and 48 hours before the event to avoid anyone forgetting to attend the online event.