See also: Gateway Options & Revenue Timeline
If you are using your own gateway and merchant, it must be one of these:
You only have to do these steps once. After your first event is processing sales you can set all future events that are on sale through iTickets to automatically use your gateway.
Further reading on what merchants and gateways are:
Step 1: Configure merchant account
If you already accept credit card payments via the web you have a merchant account. Otherwise contact your bank and let them know you need a merchant account to accept credit card payments via the web.
Step 2: Configure payment gateway account
Once your merchant account is set up, you will also need a gateway account. Choose below to see instructions for your specific gateway.
Note: iTickets is not directly affiliated with these 3rd party gateways. These instructions are provided as a courtesy, and may not be authoritative. You are responsible for your own merchant & gateway configuration.
Step 3: Attach gateway to your iTickets Account
Use a secure link from 1ty.me to send us the following:
- Gateway Transaction Key (Not needed if using Stripe)
- Gateway Live Secret API Key
- iTickets Account ID (If you do not know your Account ID send your Event ID.)
- Name that will appear on ticket-buyers' credit card statements.
Note: Transaction Keys and Secret API Keys are sensitive data. Do not send them without using a secure 1ty.me link!
Step 4: Attach gateway to your event(s)
Once we confirm that your gateway is attached to your account, follow Step 3 in this article to attach it to your event(s). In most cases, the processor will auto attach to future events. However, it is always best to double check this on every event setup.
Step 5: Submit ACH form
Download an ACH form here, fill it out in full, and fax it to Ed Novak at 614-414-6801 or send it through the DropBox link here.
Note: Events cannot start selling tickets until this form is received.
Step 6: Test the processor
Though it's extremely rare, we have seen cases where a gateway was left in test mode by mistake or configured to deposit funds into the wrong merchant account. Therefore, when using a gateway for the first time, we require that you place a test order with your credit card.
- Go to your event in Box Office and place an admin order by credit card.
- Wait 2-3 business days until you can confirm the funds successfully deposited in your bank account. (This can take up to a week for Stripe.)
- Once you received the funds, log into your iTickets Box Office account and refund the transaction.
Step 7: Put your event(s) on sale
Once all steps above are completed, you can put your event(s) on sale.
- Typically the fastest turnaround for those comfortable doing everything on their own.
- To set up an account, contact them via their website.
- For guidance on configuring your Stripe account to work with with iTickets go here.
- The Live Secret Key can be found in your Stripe Account Settings, under Developer > API Keys tab.
- To set up an account, call Authorize at 877-447-3938 or go to their website here.
- To find the Transaction Key and Secret API Key, Login to https://account.authorize.net/
- Go to Account > Settings
- Under Security Settings Heading in the middle section of the page look for a link for API LOGIN and Transaction Key
- You will need to answer a secret question
- On the following page you will see something like this:
- API Login ID: 43aXNs9E
- Current Transaction Key: 667q29Ome34byVR2
- Make sure Authorize.net has your account in LIVE mode and not TEST MODE.
- Go to Account > Settings
- Look for a link called Test Mode. Click button to make your account LIVE or call Authorize at 877-447-3938 for assistance.
- Our system is not configured to allow delayed capture of funds. We only do auto-capture and sales.
Note: If you ever need to go back to this page, the system will make a brand new Transaction Key. If this happens, you need to contact us immediately because all your transactions will stop working until we have the new key.
Please sign in to leave a comment.