If you have a code-activated promotion on your event, you can share a special link that will save customers from having to type the coupon code manually. The coupon code is embedded inside this link, and will be pre-entered for the customer when the order page loads.
If you want to use a referrer code in the same link, see below.
Otherwise, the special link will have the following form:
Copy the above, but replace the parts in bold with your info:
xxxxxxshould be your event ID.
Code1234should be your coupon code.
- Coupon URLs will work on master events.
- Coupon URLs do not work with some promotion types, e.g. password-protected tickets. Make sure to test the URL before you share or publish it.
- Coupon URLs require linking directly to the order page. They will not work on the event page.
- Coupon codes cannot contain spaces.
- Coupon URLs will work even during a password presale.
Viewing the Data
(Note: These results include orders where a code was entered but the customer didn't use it, and they include any non-discounted tickets on matching orders.)
Using with a Referrer Code
In general, you can follow these steps and it will work:
- Obtain a tracking URL according to the instructions in Referrer Codes.
- Append the string
&coupon=at the very end, followed by your coupon code.
In this example, the coupon code
Code1234 can be seen at the very end of the URL.